.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

BBQ Life: The dilemma

One of the great things about publishing this blog is that it has given me a lot of exposure in the world of competitive barbeque. One of the bad things about this blog is that it has given me a lot of exposure in the world of competitive barbecue. It has opened many doors and introduced me to many people. When I was walking around Guitarbeque a couple of weeks ago, I was really surprised to see how many people knew who I was.

I've been lucky to meet and spend time with some of the legends of BBQ like Dr. BBQ, Paul Kirk and Chris Lilly. I've met some of the rising stars like Steve Farrin, Adam Perry Lang, Nancee and Greg from Purple Turtle, the guys at Dizzy Pig, the boys at iQue and Rod from Pellet Envy. I've gotten to know some great behind the scenes folks and organizers like the Mullanes. It's been great.

But, it has raised a dilemma for me. I started this blog to document my experiences in the world of barbeque. Now that the names have become faces, personalities and in some cases friends, what do I do when I have a bad experience? Or a bad meal in one of their restaurants? Do I only blog the good?

I've decided that I'm going to report the good, the bad, the ugly and the pretty, and let the chips fall where they may. I won't report rumors, only my experiences. I'll be as truthful as I can be, but I'm not going to pull any punches. I think I owe that to you, my faithful readers.

I've already gotten some flack for my opinion of the Grill Kings 2006, but I stand by my statement. I know how hard it was for the event to be put together and I feel for the organizer, but I think it would be dishonest of me not to blog about the event after I've spent so much time promoting it. I'll give you the full run down tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Part of the beauty (and power) of weblog is the ability to show the reality and humanity of what we are writing about. There are ups and downs, wins and losses, mistakes and successes.

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write it as you see it.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger BlueMule said...

Ditto from the Mule.

You've got to tell it like it is. While it may tweak some people's noses out of joint, if you thought the event was poorly run, then it probably was. It will only benefit the organizers to see the opinion of someone who's been involved in a number of these events. Hopefully they can learn a thing or two from your comments.

Cheers,

Mule

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Right on, Mule. I'd be curious to know if you've heard anything from the organizers, WTBBQ...? You've been clear on your experience at the contest, and since the organizer probably wants to get feedback and open dialogue about making the contest better, have they reached out to you? And, if so, are they appreciative for the feedback? I haven't heard or seen anything from them at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!