.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Friday, June 02, 2006

I have nothing much to say tonight. I'm in the midst of the worst attack of gout I've ever had. It started last week with pain in my elbows and increased to pain in every joint on Saturday night, and became almost unbearable Sunday through Tuesday. I thought I had it beat on Wednesday, but then the pains concentrated in my feet and ankles, while the side effects of the Colchicine set in. I'm still fighting it tonight. All in all a lovely way to spend the week.

Today is the one year anniversary of my wife's kitchen accident where her shirt caught on fire while making dinner. (You can read all about it in the archives. It's a fairly depressing story) She was extremely lucky and didn't require surgery - at least not yet - there are still two places on her arms where the doctors are debating. With the exception of those two spots, she's about 90% healed physically. She's off visiting a friend in Vermont for the weekend.

So dear readers, I think I'll be taking the weekend off from blogging too. Looking at my feet and ankles, the weather, work and family commitments, I know I won't be tending the fire this weekend. I hope you get a chance to get out there and stoke the flames.

1 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger BlueMule said...

WTBB,

Sorry to hear about the gout. That's a bummer. If you want to lift your spirits a touch, Go check out my new "baby". I posted some pics of it on my website. I'm looking forward to giving it a second run this father's day for my second anual father's day BBQ. I'm thinking shoulder and ribs!

Mule

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!