.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Working for the Weekend

It's been a long week. I'm not exactly sure why as there hasn't been anything particularly pressing or disastrous happening. So far 2006 has been a calm and restorative year. I don't have much to add to the world of barbecue today. I just got out of bed at 2:00. I'm feeling like shit and am dog tired.

Last night, I spent working back stage at my daughter's school's presentation of Oliver. I've been working on these plays with The St. Mark Junior Players for over 10 years now. Wow.

My son attended St. Mark from Pre-K through 8th Grade. Now my daughter has almost done the same. She's in 7th grade and has one more year left. I've been heavily involved in both the school, sports and parish activities for almost the whole time. I'm getting burnt out. It's time for some new blood to take over.

Last night's performance marked the exit of my friends Mike and Diane Rosen. They're moving upstate at the end of the school year and they will both be very much missed. Mike was the primary inspiration behind some of the most elaborate stage sets ever devised for an elementary school play. Over the past 10 years, we've built castles, undersea caves, pirate ships and the streets of Dickens’s London together.

Last night we went out to the diner with the folks, and their kids, who work behind the scenes on the play. It was 14 of us in the diner; the 9 adults at one table and the 5 kids in a booth at the other end. The tab for the 9 adults - $93. The tab for the 5 kids - $106. Who has it better?

But before I go, let me point you to a new recipe from 101 Cookbooks: $20 a pound berries. Well, it's not really a recipe as much as a call for help. It looks like impulse shopping got the best of them! Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!