.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

KCBS Judges Class - Long Island, NY


It's getting to be that time of year. The competitive BBQ season is just getting started in the North East. So far, I've been at two "pre-season" grilling events, the Snow Shoe Challenge and Grillin' on the Bay. Both just whetted my appetite for cooking, and I can't wait for the real deal.

This year, I will be taking a new road into the competition world. A few new opportunities have arisen and I need to rethink some past strategies and refocus to put WhiteTrash BBQ back on its original course. We'll see, and I'll let you know as things develop.

For those of you just starting out, here's some of the best advice I can give you about competitive barbeque. Go become a certified barbecue judge. One of the best things I did before cooking at a competition, was to become a Kansas City Barbeque Society Certified Judge. By becoming a judge, I was taught what goes on in the judge's tent. I learned how the judges would be examining my meat and got lots of inside tips and tricks that I would use in competition. I learned what makes good BBQ and great BBQ. Everything I learned also helped me become a better cook at home.

The Long Island Grill Kings are hosting a KCBS certified judging class on April 29, 2006 at their headquarters in Franklin Square, New York. The cost is just $70 and well worth it, if you plan on competing in any BBQ event. For the fee, you'll learn how to judge, eat about 2 lbs of BBQ meat, and get a membership in KCBS which includes a year's subscription to the Bullsheet.

Or, if you just want to enter the lucrative and satisfying world of BBQ judging, come on out and take the class. With certification, you'll be able eat world class barbecue while traveling the country on the BBQ circuit.

And if you haven't signed up already, here's one more incentive, I'll be there cooking with Phil's team The BBQ-Brethren/Brothers in Smoke. Some of the food will be great, some good and some down right lousy. The judges need experience with all levels of barbeque so that they can learn to judge effectively and they'll get it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!