.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Barbeque Rubs and Sauces

Spring is finally here. Albeit a rainy spring, all weekend it rained. Water pelted the land at an almost non-stop pace Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It wasn't a weekend for barbeque. Damn.

But it was a good weekend to do some housekeeping. I had two cabinets in the kitchen filled with barbeque rubs, sauces, spices, rubs and seasonings. It's amazing how fast these things pile up. Well, with a little incentive towards spring cleaning, I consolidated two cabinets into one. Some of the rubs and sauces had to move out of the kitchen and have found a new home in the basement. The scary part is that I still have a cabinet in the kitchen filled with rubs and sauces. These are the overflow!

The picture above is of the newly exiled. They'’re like the reserves, waiting to be called into duty. Oh, they will. Believe me. In the not too distant future, these orphans, these cave dwellers will be called to do their jobs, lay down their lives and season my meat. That didn'’t sound right.

5 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Wow! That's quite a collection!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

I know - it's sinful isn't it. I have to start taking some of your advice on how to organize a kitchen. Nothing frugal about this expenditure. I probably have enough rub and sauce to get me through the next couple of years.

BUT - the large Bell Jar is a home made ketchup that I made so our tomatoes didn't go to waste. See, I'm not entirely hopeless.

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

That's some good stuff there-- I'd love a peek at what stays in the 'A' position in the kitchen. Seriously, tho, if you need help burning off some of that stuff, I'll gladly take it off your hands. Of, course, then I'd have to rent another apartment to hold all my bbq supplies....But, if that's what it takes.....

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Well, the A stuff, as you call it, is anything that is open and the raw ingredients, ie: paprika, oregeno, salt etc.

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Well, la-di-da.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!