.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Food Blogging

Wow - the mention in the LA Times yesterday was a rare treat. I was thrilled to be mentioned and completely blind sided by it. I had no idea that was coming. But it seems that the article is a bit controversial on the other coast. There's been some complaints in the blogosphere about the dearth of Los Angeles blogs listed. You can read about it here on LA Foodblogging.

A while back I mentioned that I was nominated for the Best Food Blog for 2005 over at the Accidental Hedonist, well I didn't make the short list for the prize. Shucks. But a few of our friends did.

Please take some time and head over to the Accidental Hedonist and vote for your favorites. I'm voting for NYC Nosh in the Restaurant Review category, Meat Henge or Small Farms in Best Theme, Lenn Devours in Beer, Wine or Spirits, LA Foodblogging in Best Group Blog and Amateur Gourmet in City Blogs.

5 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the mention. Did I mention that I'm white trash, too? Seriously. Born in Alabama, grew up in Georgia.

I hope that sways your vote.

; )

Seriously, thanks for the mention, Señor Fernandez. BBQ rocks.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Cate said...

Congrats on the press - not too shabby!

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks WTBBQ, I certainly carry no hard feelings about your great site getting a mention in the LA Times. It's a common thread that they do a mediocore job at covering local voices.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Mr. Fernandez...

With all of your press junkets, are you going to have time for your Brothers in Smoke?

Enjoy the well deserved attention, mi amigo. Congrats!

See? I didn't even mention you not cooking 'que....

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Jonah, Thanks for the compliments. I didn't sense any ill will in the LA foodblogging piece. I can understand that the local bloggers would want the local paper to cover them, but do you consider the LA Times a local paper? Like the LA Times, I think of the NY Times as more of a national paper, not one that would focus only on NY.

The LA Times, The NY Times and The Wastington Post are the three I'd put in that category.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!