.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Restaurant Review: Daisy May's BBQ

Daisy May’s BBQ
11th Avenue and 46th Street
New York City

I can't believe how fast the year is coming to an end. I, for one, will be glad to see 2005 end. As my faithful readers know, it's been a very tough year. I'm really looking forward to 2006.

For Monday's lunch I stopped in at Daisy May's BBQ for a quick bite. I've reviewed Daisy May's a bunch of times in this blog, and it is easily the best barbecue in the city. It's not the best barbeque restaurant, only because it's take out only. If Adam Perry Lang ever expands into a dining room, I'm sure he will easily take the crown.

Daisy May's offers three "walk-in" specials and these are easily the best barbecue meal deals in the city. I’ve been hoping that Adam would make these available for delivery, but he hasn’t yet. For my lunch, I ordered the "Kansas City Sweet and Sticky pork ribs," the peaches in bourbon and Cajun dirty rice.

The “Sticky Ribs” were easily the best ribs I've ever had from Daisy May's; sweet, a little spicy and smokier than in past orders. If Adam had served me these ribs in a KCBS contest, he would have easily walked away with first place. I’ve never said that about “restaurant barbeque” before. I was greatly impressed and a little envious; the Daisy May’s team is going to be harder to beat in competition next year.

The peaches in bourbon were outstanding. I usually order these whenever I visit and am always pleased, but there was something special about this batch. The sauce was a little thicker than usual, which improved their texture immensely. The one miss of the meal was the Cajun dirty rice. It had no meat, no sausage, no spice and very little taste.

Daisy May’s BBQ has been in business for about 2 years now and Adam Perry Lang has really hit his stride. This was hands down the best barbeque meal I’ve had in a long long time. If you are anywhere on the West Side of Manhattan, Daisy May’s is worth the trip.



Daisy May's BBQ Usa on Urbanspoon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!