.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Cookin' in Brooklyn

Here's tonight's dinner. It's not really BBQ, at least not in the traditional sense, but why let the kettle go cold? This dinner is an attempt at cleaning out all the odds and ends in the fridge. I hope you like it. I know you will.

I made an in-direct fire of Kingsford and maple wood in my Weber kettle.
Then I took some chicken cutlets and pounded them out real thin.
I got me some polly-o string cheese (mozzarella) and cut them in half longways.
Put a piece of cheese on the long edge of the chicken cutlet and roll it up.
Then wrap a single piece of bacon around the outside of the chicken.
To keep the cheese in, I secured the chicken roll with toothpicks.
And for a final touch, I sprinkled on some Head Country rub.
The chicken rolls were cooked in the cooker at 350 for about 40 minutes, until the bacon was crisp, the chicken cooked and the cheese melted.

Dinner was served with stove top stuffing, steamed broccoli and Pillsbury crescent rolls. Hey - who has time to make everything from scratch every night?

Good eating. Sorry I don't have pics, the camera is not cooperating, it's happier when I charge it.

3 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

That's the kind of weeknight food that my wife loves. It's making me a little hungry to think about it as I look at the dregs of this morning's oatmeal on the desk. The day after Amy roasts a chicken, she likes to pull meat off the bones, take a jar of gravy, mix it all together on the stove and after it's good and hot-- throw in some frozen peas. It's pretty yummy over rice. Even better with smoked yardbird.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger BlueMule said...

So, WhiteTrashBBQ, tell me about this Rub? Any good? Is it competition worthy?

Mule

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Bigmista - if you do try this, add some sun dried tomato in with the cheese. I was thinking that it would be a good addition.

Blue Mule - buy some Head Country and tell me what you think. I usually doctor it up a little bit with some more turbinado or brown sugar, but it's not what I use in contests. At least not usually. I have - but we never end up submitting that meat.

And finally - Backyard Chef - Did you get it yet? Did you get it yet? Did you get it yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!