.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Royal Results

Well folks, it looks like New York is finally getting some respect in the world of barbeque. Adam Perry Lang of Daisy May's BBQ took 1st place in the Invitational Pork category and Rob Richter of Big Island BBQ took 1st place in the Open Chicken category of the American Royal - the world series of BBQ!

Some background information, the Invitational portion of the Royal is open only to barbeque teams who have won a qualifying contest during the previous year. This year's invitational contest consisted of 81 teams - the best BBQ teams from across the world. I find it interesting that 241 teams qualified, but only 81 competed. Man, I want to be there next year. The open contest is just that, open to anyone who is willing to pay the entry fee. This year's open contest had 474 teams competing.

On a personal note, I'm sorry that I haven't been updating this blog as often as I said I would. I will be on schedule from now on. I've had some health issues hitting me hard the last couple of weeks which kept me flat on my back on a wrestling mat in the living room. But I'm back now and you'll be seeing some big changes in the weeks ahead.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Glad your back, dude. Hope you get to feeling even better soon. Nice talking with you the other day.

So, what are these big changes?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!