.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

I lied

Ok - OK. I know I said that my next post would be about the Grill Kings 2005. Well, it's not. Tomorrow I'm heading out to New Paltz to compete at the Hudson Valley Rib Fest and I just don't have time to write.

But I did want to post some pictures from Asbury Park - Guitarbeque 2005 before I got bogged down with New Paltz information. I'm going to try real hard to take notes and to take more pictures on this trip. Enjoy.

Here's a picture of the ribs we submitted. Notice that they're not on their sides this time.




Here's the pulled pork as submitted in New Jersey. It's the same recipe as the pulled pork we submitted at Grill Kings. In New Jersey - well they didn't like it.




And presenting the second place brisket. Not a bad showing from brisket that we thought was terrible. The meat was dry, but still tender and was falling apart when we sliced it. Notice how thick those slices are.




For some reason, I don't have any pictures of the chicken we turned in. It seems that one entry gets missed at every contest. Oh well, let's see what happens in New Paltz.

5 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Cate said...

Those ribs look gorgeous!!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger The BBQ Guy said...

Looks like you've been keeping pretty busy this summer competing. Nice pictures.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Mona said...

Yikes, I hope I make the comment cut. Love the bbq theme. Just started my own NY restaurant blog..got any bbq recs? That's one category I have not tried here. My dad makes a pretty mean one I must say. Ever been to the dinosaur place..up in Harlem?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!