.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Tired

I'm tired tonight. With my wife in the hospital I have a new appreciation for the life of a single parent. It just doesn't stop.

Johanna is doing OK, she's slowly healing. Today was her one week anniversary in the hospital, so the kids and I surprised her with a package of six different flavored "moose-ettes" from Mother Moose Bakery of Staten Island, NY (no website that I can find.) Moose-ettes are cupcake sized little packages of chocolate, tiramisu, key lime, etc flavored moose, mooses? meese? mooseum!. They were just the thing for my wife's sweet tooth. She needed the pick me up as the doctor's told us to expect that she'll be in the hospital for two more weeks. URGHH!

In case you're wondering, my friend Lester is improving too. They removed the bandages from one arm which is a great sign that he is healing. He had a miserable day and night yesterday, but was sleeping peacefully tonight.

To keep this blog on the BBQ track, because this is a blog about barbeque after all - here's a barbecue related story that I heard in the burn unit tonight. My wife's burn unit neighbor fell on to her charcoal grill and burned her arm. She said that she tripped and hit the grill taking the charcoal and dinner with her. She'll be alright in a couple of weeks.

Fire is dangerous folks. Please keep that in mind whenever you are cooking, be it indoors or out. Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts. I really believe that they are helping.

4 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger BlueMule said...

WTBBQ,

Thanks for the updates, I can only imagine how stressfull things must be for you and your family right now.

Peace and good luck,

Mule

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Lester! On another note, I am sure you and your wife were not tooo happy with the extra weeks in the hospital. Do you have a family member who can come and stay for a bit with the kids and help out? Sometimes they will not volunteer but are only to glad to come if asked. Such was the case with my sister in law and I when she got cancer. Kind of funny and unexpected but we all had a great time and made it through a rough patch. She is cancer free now and the initially terrible news turned out alright. In fact, she was able to use it to change some things in her life that have made her more at peace though that was not right away. The hospital stuff really got old but it worked. So it will be with your wife. We be praying for all of you :)

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Hang in there, man and, although it is hard or feels selfish, don't forget to take care of yourself. With my mom being sick, I've been bouncing between taking care of him and her-- but I have to make sure that someone is there for him too. All our thoughts and prayers are with you...hope she liked the Mother Moose stuff...we ate alot of that when I was on SI...

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to read about what you've been going through. My thoughts are with you and your family.
I just wanted to let you know I just ordered a mother mousse cake, the website is www.mamamousse.com if you ever want to order.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!