I'm tired tonight. With my wife in the hospital I have a new appreciation for the life of a single parent. It just doesn't stop.
Johanna is doing OK, she's slowly healing. Today was her one week anniversary in the hospital, so the kids and I surprised her with a package of six different flavored "moose-ettes" from Mother Moose Bakery of Staten Island, NY (no website that I can find.) Moose-ettes are cupcake sized little packages of chocolate, tiramisu, key lime, etc flavored moose, mooses? meese? mooseum!. They were just the thing for my wife's sweet tooth. She needed the pick me up as the doctor's told us to expect that she'll be in the hospital for two more weeks. URGHH!
In case you're wondering, my friend Lester is improving too. They removed the bandages from one arm which is a great sign that he is healing. He had a miserable day and night yesterday, but was sleeping peacefully tonight.
To keep this blog on the BBQ track, because this is a blog about barbeque after all - here's a barbecue related story that I heard in the burn unit tonight. My wife's burn unit neighbor fell on to her charcoal grill and burned her arm. She said that she tripped and hit the grill taking the charcoal and dinner with her. She'll be alright in a couple of weeks.
Fire is dangerous folks. Please keep that in mind whenever you are cooking, be it indoors or out. Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts. I really believe that they are helping.