.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Gonna be quiet for a little while

My wife had an accident Thursday. She was cooking dinner and reached over one pot to stir another and her shirt caught on fire.

She has burns on her hands, fingers, chest, neck, back, arms, stomach and ears. Luckily her face was spared. She is extremely lucky that her hair did not catch fire.

Her burns range from 1st to 3rd degree. She has burns on about 10% of her body. She will be OK in the long run, but right now we don’t know the full extent of the damage. The doctors really haven’t said much yet, but they expect her to be hospitalized for at least one week. Apparently it takes 24 hours for the burns to fully develop. The major concerns right now are kidney function and infection. Burns of this degree are extremely painful.

So when this is resolved, I’ll be back. But it’s going to be a while before I’m Q’ing again.

3 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Cate said...

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's accident, but glad to hear that it wasn't worse. The Husband is a firefighter, so we know all too well how quickly flames can move. My thoughts are with you.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger BlueMule said...

Say WTB,

That's an awful thing to have happen. I hope your wife can make it through without much more pain and suffering than she's already experienced thus far. Good luck to her and I wish her a quick recovery.

Mule

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prayed for you and the wife before I wrote this. I do not know why God allowed this to come into your life and I wish it had not. Bad things do happen to good people. I know I still haven't figured out why for many of the small trials I have been through let alone a big one like this. I do know that God says he will comfort you and that he has a plan for you for good and not harm. Please cling to that in the days to come and I pledge to continue to pray for healing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!