.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

The Quest for the Golden Chicken

Today. 55 Degrees. Sunny. No Wind. Perfect day to make some barbecue. The quest for the Golden Chicken continues.

I picked up a couple of packages of Perdue chicken wings and legs. I marinated them for one hour in: (Mix all ingredients in a blender set to puree)

1 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Corn Oil
1 Tablespoon Chopped Garlic
1/4 Cup Sherry
1/2 Cup Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup White Wine Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Tumeric
1 Egg
2 Tablespoons Turbinado Sugar
1 Minced Onion

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I built a fire of Kingsford Charcoal, Cowboy Lump and some oak chips. I placed a pan of chicken stock in the middle of the fire. I basted the chicken one time with some of the marinade. I put the cover on the smoker and went inside.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I took the marinade boiled it for 3 minutes to kill off any bad bacteria, removed it from the heat and added...

1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
4 Heaping Tablespoons of Head Country Rub
12 Oz Dole Apple Juice
A few shots of Franks Hot Sauce
Salt and Pepper
And a little more Turbinado Sugar to finish it off.

This marinade is now my mop and finishing sauce for the chicken. I let the chicken cook for about one hour, then mopped it for the first time. In another hour, I mop again and I'll take some more pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!