.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

My Karma is being realigned

It's March 12, 2005. I just got off the phone with a friend who told me of the death of another person in the circle. That makes 13 since January 1. 14 and 15 are just a matter of time. This is getting insane.

Two weeks ago, I sliced open my finger when cutting a frozen bagel. 6 stitches later, I still can't bend my finger or close my hand.

I got confirmation that Novocain doesn’t work for me. It doesn’t work at the dentist and doesn’t work in my hand with stitches. The emergency room doctor couldn’t believe that I still felt all his poking.

A client of mine just went out of business owing me over 5 grand.

My wife's uncle, who lives up stairs, passed out in a diabetic low sugar coma, again. Only this time when he went down, somehow he knocked his wife over in her wheelchair and she wound up under the couch. Usually these fits happen at 4 in the morning, but this was at 6 in the afternoon. I have to be thankful for the little favors. If anyone of you has experience with reviving a diabetic, you know it's not a pleasant time.

I haven’t BBQ’d anything since January 2nd and I’m in withdrawal. Sound selfish, doesn’t it?

1 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Hang in there, man. Since the beginning of 2005 my mom was diagnosed with cancer, my dad with severe diabetes, I've lost a few friends, seen families break apart and worse. Not such a good start. Nonetheless, I see the days getting longer and feel the warmth coming back. It will happen.

Not selfish-- Nothing like a few hours of fire to help put things back together....

--Matt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!