John Lennon once said that one of the reasons that the Beatles got so big was that they never planned on being the biggest band in the world. They concentrated on the next small step. If we can get a booking, if we can get a single recored, if we can get a number one. etc. Always keep things in small steps.
So in it's basic form, this is my concept to create winning BBQ.
1. Form a BBQ team and enter and win some State BBQ contests.
2. Start a small cateering business selling BBQ to established delis and restaurants in Brooklyn
3. Win some more contests
4. Start my own BBQ/Cateering company
5. Win some sauce/rub contests
6. Start selling rubs, sauces, on the internet
7. Start my own BBQ restaurant
8. Francishe the restaraunt
10. Enter and win some BBQ contests.
Ten easy steps that are so much more complicated then I orginally realized. Each step is filled with pitt falls and traps. Obviously there are many many more steps involved. Licensing, incorporation, etc. Right now money is my big issue. I'm working on getting that resolved then I can move on to the others.