.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Monday, October 25, 2004

I'm back

It's Monday. Sorry for the delay in posting. Last week was very busy. Friday was my father's 75th birthday and Saturday was my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. So it was another weekend without cooking. However, I did manage to grill some hamburgers last Saturday for the people setting up the beef and beer at my daughter's school. I got a lot of compliments from the people on the St. Mark Sports Association board about the food. The secret to good hamburgers -- cheap meat. Buy fresh ground chuck 80/20 fat or just fresh ground beef which is 70/30 fat. I bought some of both and mixed them together. Form the burgers by hand. Don't put any salt in them. Grill to medium rare. Don't over cook. Excellent.

For lunch today, I again went to Daisy May's BBQ for lunch. I've got to stop going there so often. They've become very inconsistent in quality over the last couple of months. Today, I had the sticky ribs; 4 spare ribs with a sweet sauce. They were tender on the inside, but dry and over cooked. The ribs I was given included one traditional rib, meaning one bone. The other three, I don't know what it's called, came from the slab above the main rib bones. These "ribs" were a piece of meat separated by small little bones. Tasty, but very fatty. I was very disappointed in the ribs today.

I don't know if the people at Daisy May's are reading my blog, but the baked beans with burnt ends actually had burnt ends in them! Unfortunately, the burnt ends were also extremely fatty. Now as Emeril says "pork fat rules," but these were chunks of fat which reminded me of that piece of fat you would find in a can of Campbell's baked beans. Again, very disappointing. I think I'm going to stay away from Daisy May's for a while.

I hope all of you are following and enjoying the links I put into my blog. Some of them are on topic, some aren't. You'll never know unless you check them out. One day, I'm going to do a blog entry where every word is linked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!