Our friends at NBC News Channel 4 (in New York City) just listed the "Six Biggest Barbeque Blunders." Boy, do they it wrong. If you want to see their list... Barebecue Blunders
The Six Biggest Barbeque Blunders....
1. Confusing Barbeque with Grilling. BBQ = slow indirect heat.
2. Using a gas grill. BBQ = WOOD
3. Pre-boiling meats. If you need to boil your ribs or chicken prior to cooking them you need to learn how to cook over live fire. I'll talk about this in another post.
4. Cooking on a dirty grill. Clean you grill. There's nothing worse then the taste of smoked dirt.
5. Putting BBQ sauce on your food prior to cooking. The traditional red BBQ sauce has way to much sugar in it. If you put the sauce on too early, it will burn. Hold off till the very end.
6. Being anal about BBQ. BBQ, besides food, is a state of mind. Enjoy it.